Friday, September 21, 2007

get out of bed

Dear Sister

With an essay out of the way, and a night to myself things are looking good. It's nice to have a few hours every now and then to yourself, just to take a breath and get ready for the next day.

I went through a rough time last year when getting out of bed was often a major achievement. During that time I learnt a few things that help to get you up and ready to face the day.

1. Take a shower. It is amazing how much better you feel after a shower.
2. Brush your teeth. For some reason having that minty taste in your mouth makes it easier to face the day.
3. Get dressed. Even if it's just a new pair of track pants, put on something clean and crisp.
4. Plan something for the day. whether it's going for a walk around the block or cleaning out your wardrobe, plan something you will accomplish.
5. If I was one of those super-doper Christians I'd say have a quiet time. And yes, if you, can do that. But some days facing pages of tiny script was just too much. So instead I'd put on a favourite, uplifting worship CD. Good music can help lift your mood and praise music helps turn your thoughts to HIM.

No comments: