Wednesday, September 26, 2007

It's all about Perspective

Dear Sister

My bed room is on the second floor, and because one of my windows face west I get full on sun into my room in the afternoon. To stop this I pull my blind down, just leaving a gap that's big enough to let a little light in but not blind me.
If I'm outside and look up to my window I can see a small sliver of my room. A few centimeters of the back of my computer, a few candles, but not much more. But when I go to the door of my room I can see everything. I see my bed, desk, book, computer, wardrobe, craft stuff and more books.
I guess it's kind of like how much we can see of our life. We only see the small amount that is visible at the time, just like when I'm outside and looking into my room. Not all the bits join together to make sense. But God is in the room. He can see everything - and he knows what it's all about.

We'd do so much better to just relax and trust God has everything in our life worked out and it will all make sense, one day. He's got the big picture, we don't. Might as well accept that and go on living with what he's shown us so far. for He said "I know the plans I have for, plans to proper you and not to harm you" (Jeremiah 29:11)

No comments: