Friday, October 12, 2007

Mobile Bible

Dear Sister

I admit I quite like my mobile phone. I'm not glued to it like many people I know, but it's cute and white and I have a pic of frangipani's as the background/wallpaper. Seeing as how I'm not a real social butterfly I don't even use it that much. It's my alarm clock, I talk to Mum most nights (yay, free minutes!) and i text a few friends. But that's about it.

Reading a mission newsletter I was struck by a small article. (I don't have it in front of me so I'll have to just write from memory)


"Imagine if we treated our Bibles like our mobile phones. What if we turned back after locking the front door when we realised we left it inside? What if we turned to it the second something goes wrong? What if we got upset if we dropped it? What if we pulled it out and just flicked through it when we have a few minutes to spare? What if we checked it a few times a day just to see if we got any new messages? What if it was the first thing we popped in our bag?"

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

The word of God is living and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart. Hebrews 4:12

No comments: